A classic example of Girl Did Good!
Born 5th May 1988 in Tottenham, London Adele graduated from the famous BRIT School in 2006. She signed to XL Recordings the following year thanks to a friend posting her demo on Myspace.
Releasing her first album in 2008 called “19” by 2016 it’s certified 7 times platinum in the UK and double platinum in the US.
Album number 2 called “21” was released in 2011 and has done even better than her first, bringing her countless awards and accolades worldwide. Adele has achieved so many new highs for future female artists to aspire to in such a short space of time its hard to keep track. Here are just a few:
- Entries in the Guinness Bork of World Records for amongst other things being the the fourth best selling album of all time and certified 16 times platinum in the UK.
- Winning an Oscar, Grammy and Golden Globe for the song “Skyfall”.
- “21” being the longest running female solo album in the history of the UK and US album charts.
- Being named as one of the world’s most influential people 2012 and 2016.
- Appointed MBE in the Queens Birthday Honours List 2013 for services to music.
Coming across as very outspoken yet down to earth, Adele is known for her ‘potty’ mouth and her endearing ‘cackle’ laugh. In a recent interview with Rolling Stone magazine she explains how her album “25” relates to her getting older and how she misses her younger self:
“what annoys me the most is that you don’t realise how amazing it is to be a kid.”
We think Adele sums it up perfectly in the introduction to the album on her website about the passing of time as we grow up and grow older:
“When I was 7, I wanted to be 8. When I was 8, I wanted to be 12. When I was 12 I wanted to be 18…I feel like I’ve spent my whole life so far wishing it away. Always wishing I was older, wishing I was somewhere else, Wishing I could remember and wishing I could forget too.”
We wouldn’t want Adele any other way and wish her the continued success she so clearly deserves.